Lloyd Street Rail Corridor Grade Separation Project – Midland
McConnell Dowell – Main Roads Western Australia
A design and construct project commenced in June 2014, the project is due for completion in November 2015 to coincide with the opening of the new Midland Public Hospital. Aspects of the project include:
- Three new bridges to allow access from Cowie Close to the new Hospital, two bridges for rail services, one for Brookfield, the other for PTA.
- Two rail slews to allow construction of new rail bridges.
- Diaphragm walls to allow new Lloyd Street to pass under all three bridges.
- Under-road drainage chamber and pump station.
- Relocation of services, including DN600 watermain, underground power, communications and rail services.
- Construction of Footpath and Shared Path walls
- In-situ concrete crash barrier construction.
- Public art, landscaping and revegetation.
Alliance Surveying provides survey management for the project and has been involved in project from start to finish.