A Design and Construct Project to provide a free flowing dual carriageway between Ellenbrook and Muchea. Alliance Sureying were contracted to provide Surveying services to Monford group in delivering 7 bridges for CPB Contractors across the Northern end of the project.
Key aspects of the job include:
- 2 Single span bridges for the new Brand Highway Interchange
- A Multispan bridges over Muchea South road and live railway
- A Multispan bridge over Brand Highway and live railway
- A Multispan bridge over Ellenbrook
- A Single span bridge over Ellenbrook
- A Single span bridge over Brand Highway
Survey requirements for this project included Setout for pouring of insitu concrete structures and precast elements, Earthworks Modelling for Structures, rigourous compliance surveys, precise structural settlement monitoring including over waterways and travelling to the Contractors Precast yards for dimensional confirmation of Tee Roff Beams and hog monitoring. One of the more challenging aspects of the project was landing multi span Precast Tee Roff beams over the live railway, futher made complicated by the tight tolerances required to satisfy the post tensioning method between each Tee Roff end to end. Each beam had to be adjusted based on varying overall Lengths and Widths, which we were able to determine using the Leica RTC360 laser scanner. All Scanning, Processing and Modelling was done by Alliance Surveying onsite.